Home > Categories > Engineer Visa

Status of Residence Engineer Visa

Engineer Visa

Engineer Visa involves those individuals who are engage in business which is relevant to Natural Science or Physical Science and employed for a specific period of time or part-time. If the applicant has passed a specific information technology exam or any qualification exams designated by the Ministry of Justice, educational background and job experiences are not of great importance. (refer to Related Regulations no.3) In case the applicant has not taken any exams, the criteria are similar to the Specialties in Humanities/International Service Visa. The specialized course studied is related to the work he or she is going to perform. It is also required that the company in which the applicant is to engage in, has the following criteria:

  • Stability
  • Profitability
  • Continuity
  • Meets the needs of the applicant
  • Pays the applicant with no more less than the Japanese national receives
  • Makes the applicant a social insurance holder

-Top Page

Required Documents for Visa Application

  1. Application form
  2. 4cm(H) x 3cm(W) ID Picture *(The photo must be clear enough without background, must be taken within 6 months before the application procedure.)
  3. Return Envelope (Indicate the return address and paste a JpY 380 worth of stamp.)
  4. Copies of the company registration and a statement of profit and loss of the recipient organization.
  5. Materials showing the business substance of the recipient organization.
  6. A diploma or a certificate of graduation with a major in the subject regarding the activity of the person concerned, and documents certifying his or her professional career.
  7. Documents certifying the activity, its duration, position and the remuneration of the person concerned.
  8. For other supporting documents recommended by Narita J, please contact us.

-Top Page

Required Documents for Visa Extension

  1. Application form
  2. Passport and alien registration card
  3. A document that proves the status
  4. Documents certifying the activity, its duration and position of the person concerned.
  5. Documents certifying an annual income and tax payment.
  6. For other supporting documents recommended by Narita J, please contact us.

-Top Page


Please contact us.

-Top Page

For further details, please contact us at: